Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: background tweak colour

Understood. But I contend there will be many that will want to bridge the gap to a middle road between XWD and 100% standards programming, especially if they design for the corporate world. The corporate market, many times, dictates certain practices - particularly in the area of unobtrusive programming. I say what I do to let those guys know that they CAN use XWD without throwing out what they have learned or need to do to satisfy the corporate demands if they exist.
    BOTH sides, I believe, belong in this forum since both sides exist in the real web world.
    Yes, XWD maintains via the .web file, but in certain key areas (unobtrusive programming, PHP includes etc.) it doesn't necessarily HAVE to. So, as shocking as this may sound, neither of us is wrong.

I design for the corporate world and in my corner of the world the code made by any wysiwyg application (incl. dreamweaver) is never used for production. I make wireframes and designs and other people do the coding according to standards and mostly by hand.

So that argument around corporate world usage does not apply - not where I live. Really how often and in what scale is one guy responsible of the design phases and also the coding (with a wysiwyg app)? Sorry, but I don't see that with bigger clients and bigger vendors. It is always team work with many disciplines involved.

In professional "website business" WD is great for the design phases; making wireframes, doing the final layouts and presenting the whole "cake" with working interactions. The coding is done after and with other tools.
    For personal home sites WD can handle the whole process from design and up to deploying the files to the server. I would imagine that within these latter users whether standards are followed precisely or not is not so important.

In my mind WD does great what it was meant to do.

Thumbs up Re: background tweak colour

You are preaching to the choir! However, a careful review of this forum with it's various tweaks and scripts shows it is already doing more than was probably expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Markku View Post
    In my mind WD does great what it was meant to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Markku View Post
    I design for the corporate world and in my corner of the world the code made by any wysiwyg application (incl. dreamweaver) is never used for production. I make wireframes and designs and other people do the coding according to standards and mostly by hand.
    could you put a couple of links so its possible to see the sites your talking about that don't use even dreamweaver?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 08 April 2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: fix broken bbcode

hahaha - I had decided to leave that line alone. I get into enough trouble as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by suunto View Post
    could you put a couple of links so its possible to see the sites your talking about that don't use even dreamweaver?
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 09 April 2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Correcting quote

say whatever you want, don't let anyone ever say you can't have an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by suunto View Post
    I could but I won't.
    I would not be very professional to pull our customers and my employer into something like this.

@richinri
    Your quoting is broken. Makes it look like I said so.

EDIT: Quote corrected ~ Egg
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 09 April 2009 at 01:59 PM.