Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anime Chick

Default Re: Anime Chick

The best gifts in the world are the ones that are personal, hand-made and unique. And that one is especially good! I bet his Japanese friends appreciate it as much as he does!

I had to Google for what expanded PVC is, but now I get it. Light and strong, ideal for signage! You're very lucky you have access to a printer that can print that large and onto EPVC!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I love it! I know someone who would kill to have something like this. Very creative. What's a UV printer? UV is probably ultravilolet rays but I've never heard of it.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

A UV Printer uses UV light to cure inks which are reactive to UV light. The Ink instantly dries as the carrier of the pigment cures instantly through a chemical reaction which can only start once UV light comes in contact with it.

The ink does not have an odour and is considered safe to use without any PPE. Advantages are purely it's instant drying. The printer itself provides an advantage of printing directly to any relatively flat surface. Before this printer you would have had to print onto sticky vinyl (essensially a giant sticker) and lay it onto your substrate - this has labour costs etc.

So although the printer costed $750 000 and the router that came with it was$250 000 - it ends up being much more cost effective.
    Illustrator doesn't control me....I control the beast within

Cost effective for whom? Lol!! That's a lot of donuts....one million of them. I have to suppose it's a business printer that can be depreciated. Great to have access to one.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?