Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Device-independent Bitmap ??

From the Xara Xtreme Pro 4 Help file:
    Some programs can transfer data on the clipboard in two or more formats. If this applies, the menu option reads Paste Special. Selecting it brings up a dialog box that lets you select a format. Xtreme Pro automatically highlights the recommended format.
    Practically speaking, I second the observation made by handrawn, "The only difference I have ever noticed in practice is the resolution at which the import is made."

FWIW, I usually just pick 'Bitmap' and don't give it another thought. I suggest you try pasting using both options and then pick whichever option makes you happier from there on out.

Also, when copying and pasting directly from CorelDRAW you are presented with several other options including:
    • Corel 32-bit Presentation Exchange
    • Enhanced Metafile
    • Corel Presentation Exchange

In this case, picking from the various options DOES make a difference when pasting into Xtreme. Some times the differences are negligible, and other times drastic and/or undesirable. Pasting from other applications may result in other options being presented and isn't as cut-and-dry as a plain ol' bitmap/raster image.

IHTH,
    HayTay
    Last edited by HayTay; 04 April 2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Added explanation from CorelDRAW and other applications.