Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upgrade won't open. What now?

I have PSP x2 and have been having problems.It was crashing, freezing at times, not responding, you name it. I have continually been in touch with support, done what they said, still the same. So, I did a clean uninstall of the program and reloaded the file I had ordered. (upgrade from 11 to twelve) It installed fine, serial number okay but when I tried to launch it last night, it wont open, says that I have an illegal copy and to install from the original source. Anyone have any suggestions or is it a ghost of Jasc past?
    IP

Default Re: What now?

After the installer did you use MSI cleanup from corel to remove old Registry entries.
    As for Ghost of Jasc. Past Psp had a habit of thinking you had tried to cheat the system by putting the clock back on your computer to extend the trial. Now I'm not saying that's the cause but as we put our clocks back on Sunday could that make it illegal or maybe the Licensing thingy did not get though to corel and confirm it was legal
    IP

Default Re: Upgrade won't open. What now?

Just reread so you installed an upgrade version. That should only install if it finds PSP EXE from a previous version. That to stop folks buy ing an upgrade when only ellagabel for a full retail copy.

Is It possible that it installed but has failed because you did not have a Previous PSP installed to make it legal
    IP

Thanks Trev, there is v9 on the computer. I want to uninstall and reinstall but guess what, I cant find my serial number for that version, the rest are upgrades.
    IP

So, I did a clean uninstall of the program and reloaded the file I had ordered. (upgrade from 11 to twelve)
    Thanks Trev, there is v9 on the computer.
    So which version did you 'clean uninstall'?
    IP

It was an uninstall of v12, then reinstall of v12, (the downloaded file)
    IP

I think Trev in post #3 might have the answer.
    Version 9 was still JASC PSP, but your version 12 is now Corel PSP. Their serial number and activation system is quite different.
    I think you need to re install the full version 11 and THEN the downloaded upgrade (from 11) to version 12.
    IP

v.11 is a download file, I have full v10 on cd. Thanks for the info and will let you know if the problem is taken care of.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by greys4u View Post
    Thanks Trev, there is v9 on the computer. I want to uninstall and reinstall but guess what, I cant find my serial number for that version, the rest are upgrades.
    Psp 9 and all Jasc versions did not have serials as They assumed if you had the disc you had bought it and you only got the upgrade disc's direct from JASC so you needed to be registered.

If you need to clean up after a uninstall or do a repair you need Zapps.exe for up to psp X then the Corel MSI cleanup utility for X1 and X2
    ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/PaintShopPro/X/zapps.exe
    ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/Installer/MSICleanup.exe
    IP