Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

----
    IP

Half way house...I'll finish it in the morning.

http://www.hhtc.org.uk/bbc09/
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
    IP

Talking Re: Show us your sites!

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    Okay I was playing with webdesigner, and even as it is
    easy you still make mistakes and don`t know stuff, which you
    find out as you go.

Anyhow, I made a mock site, and when people see it
    they know what it is all about

http://www.xs4all.nl/~anchhor/webtest/index.htm
    The site is nice but the content is Hilarius! I wish I could be so funny! great work!!!
    IP

Thanks for the replies guys.

I always wanted to do this, and now I could through webdesigner.
    And now I just have to wait until the more advanced people in here start their
    tutorials for the more complicated stuff. But I guess they are still having to
    much fun themselves figuring it all out. I am patient.

(And the big thing was to figure out how to create the subfolder in my
    normal website space, and after some trial and error, I figured it out.)
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

W00dy, I like your integration of the scrolling news. Looks like this was done with coffee cup's news reader, yes? Effective.

The only thing I think is weird is the two tabs on the right end linking to other sites. In general web terms, tab links like this stay internal to the site - not that I've ever SEEN such a rule, but I've also never seen a website that links out of the site by a tab, which sort of indicates "section". A tab of links would be more appropriate, or the links to these locations either in a side bar of the footer or something.

The more people are doing sites here it seems the more folks are getting a handle on things and starting to make pages that look a little less Xara and little more "traditional". I can see that we will get to the point, as a community, where it will be difficult to distinguish a Xara site from a "normal" one.
    IP

We had the BBC in college yesterday, so Jack needed a quick site. This was the result of about an hours work from material emailed to me. It'll never be more than the existing pages so the tabs worked out fine. Nobody has ever mentioned about using tabs this way but it does provide an easy way of linking back into a main site. I suppose that you could use it as a way of linking several mini-"sub-sites", (if that's a word), into your main index. Doing drop-down menus in XWD is a bit laborious, hopefully later versions will have some sort of integrated menu generator like Menu Maker.
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
    IP

So much interesting work being done--and so soon after XWD release. Tells you something about where this great tool set is going. I've usually worked the hard way with a text editor, or 1st Page, but now life has improved. Here's my first site: http://www.duriestreetbookworks.com/

Pretty simple, and unfinished while I wait for client to send me some missing stuff. Wonderful thing is that I did this in absolutely nothing flat. Comments and suggestions most welcome. I've said this for a long time, but the Xara forums are amazingly great.
    Phil Thompson
    IP

Here's my first attempt with Xara WD:

Sparkling Green Home

Feedback welcomed!
    IP

Nice job Rob, though you need to clean up your act with that 'under construction' page! NO NO NO!

Seriously, nice site, and good copy and a tough job. Not for someonewith high blood pressure I think!

Your gift vouchers would be ideal for rich people with houseproud enemies. My mother in law would have been horrified to receive one!

Joking aside - well done.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Nice job Rob, though you need to clean up your act with that 'under construction' page! NO NO NO!

Seriously, nice site, and good copy and a tough job. Not for someonewith high blood pressure I think!

Your gift vouchers would be ideal for rich people with houseproud enemies. My mother in law would have been horrified to receive one!

Joking aside - well done.
    I'll get to work on that 're-construction' page ASAP.

lol @ houseproud enemies.

Thanks for the feedback; It's my first attempt and hopefully it shows that even a complete novice can use XWD successfully.
    IP