Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Design Replace Xara Pro?

I thought the new web design program was just another program offered by Xara for those who want to a user friendly program for web design. I'm a little confused because I've read many comments about this new program taking away from what Xara Pro was originally developed for, creative graphics/art of all types. I thought that the two programs were developed independantly and would remain independant programs. Am I wrong? I certainly hope that Web Design doesn't replace Xara Pro.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Web Design Replace Xara Pro?

Web Designer is nothing more than a simplified version of Xtreme. It has a lot of tools and features available in Xtreme removed. It has some new features because it was released 1 year later than the latest version of Xtreme. There definitely will be next version of Xtreme and XtremePro though.
    If you remember, there was a similar lite version of the main product in the past, it was called Xara Webster.
    So I don't think WD can replace XtremePro as you say.
    Last edited by covoxer; 20 March 2009 at 01:53 PM.
    John.

HI Ron,

you can totally be shure that Web Design will be part of the next Version of XARA Pro - if you look at the program gui and the handling you find most of the interface the same as it is in XARA Pro; of course XARA Extreme Pro 5 will have a lot of more features then it has now as 4 Version and the Web Design programs together but we will see in view month then the wait for it is over.

Michael

Hi Ron,

I'm offering my opinion, not anything of any authoritative substance.

When Xara released Xtreme version 4 the html export was a very hot topic.

Xara Webstyle was the tool for web designers that were not graphic artists. A lot of feedback over the past 5 years concerning Webstyle was people wanting to create their own templates and graphic elements. Also for the past two years or longer the main topic was when would Webstyle be updated.

I think Xara decided to release a scaled down graphic design package with improved web page design abilities rather than update Webstyle.

Webstyle has been retired and Web Designer is now the hottest topic on the forums.

Web Designer will not replace Xtreme or Xtreme Pro in my opinion and I see it as having been planned to replace Webstyle all along.

The enhanced web design features may be included in a future release of Xtreme. I see that as being more to make them available to the Xtreme professionals in one package. Some may prefer having Xtreme and Web Designer and some may prefer to have Xtreme Pro.

Only time will tell what path Xara has chosen for their future software releases.

EDIT: I see John and Michael have both replied while I was being long winded with mine.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update