Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Photo comparison, which is better?

Of course I think that this project is roughly finished now though - so, no need to reshoot

After all, what can you expect for EUR 10 per final (selected) photo, including postprocessing? (Yes, my normal price is EUR 25, this was a 'recommendation' so I had to be cheap ) (I think the regular price is even higher...)
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks
    IP

I know I'm a bit late seeing this but thought this may be of interest to you...

Hope you don't mine but I took your photo and had a play with it.

Tips:

A bit of insight...

In my experience when working with a client, I find out what the clients wants first then make suggestions. The customer is NEARLY always right.
    Think about the product the client is selling and try to look at it from their customers view point...what are they seeing, how can you make it look great and sell!
    Look through the lens and if you don't see a good photo shift around until you do! I take many from different angles and decide back at the office which ones I'm going to use on a website.

I find the difference between a good photo and a great photo in this area is people enjoying themselves. This is what's missing from this photo.
    If you make arrangements for a photo shoot at a restaurant ahead of time when there is an event on such as a birthday party (most people won't mind if you ask first, and tell them what its for).
    Take your pictures showing them enjoying themselves, but don't go overboard and show a fully booked restaurant on the web as that can be a turn off to potential customers.

Its not always the perfect picture with perfect lighting that sells a picture in this area.
    Think of it another way, some bands can't sing at all, but the party atmosphere they create is what people go there for!
    When you've taken your photo and get back to the office with them, this is where you can make some corrections if needed.

I doctor the ones that are nearly ok to make them better if they are worthy.
    Be careful not to overdo the sharpening for the internet because it can ruin a picture. Cool pictures where there is entertainment don't work as well as warm lighting does.

Mood and WOW factor are what sell and the right balance of things in your photo are what matter. Your job is to sell the product within the photo.

Always concider what the clients wishes are, if you want repeat business or referred customers through the door.

I am not a professional photographer but know a enough... and get enough requests for photo shoots from clients to use on their websites.

All the best
    Michele
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dinner.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	57682  
    IP

To be fair to Alexander Michele, you have not started with his original photo.
    I believe you have used the cropped and straighted version I posted.

The original is here
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    To be fair to Alexander Michele, you have not started with his original photo.
    I believe you have used the cropped and straighted version I posted.

The original is here
    Yes thank you Steve for pointing that out, I used your version.
    This was just to show the difference and what could be done with the picture. I just thought he may be interested to see it from another's view that is all.

Michele
    IP

I like the table angle better in # 2, but the white balance needs to be adjusted, and I would crop the image down. It is way too busy in my opinion.
    - Andrew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Restaurant pic#2 cropped-chopped.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	57685  
    Last edited by AndFarr; 18 March 2009 at 06:34 AM.
    IP