Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 5.0.1 Update

Now I understand why it took so long to update WebStyle! Web Designer is a really smart move, beautifully implemented. I've only just started using it, so this isn't a query, but I'm curious to explore the capacity for tweaking Xara sites - with Ajax, for example. And, to bring out an update so soon, and not one simply fixing bugs in an over-hasty release... I'm overwhelmed!

I must say, I was worried when Xara was taken over. But, so far, so good.

Tom
    IP

Thanks Neil. Don't understand why, but after going through WD's own internal update route, the 14meg download happened but then reported that WD wasn't installed on my system. And that's a bog standard (AFAIK) installation in default location, bought and registered. Never mind, as a quick uninstall and download of the updated trial followed by reregistration did the trick as you advised in initial post. Just flagging this up as reassurance to anyone else who finds this happening.
    And finally, adding my thanks to all the others for the quick update...

Jon
    IP

Update was a success
    IP

I'm getting this error message after installing the new plug in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!jpg.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	57733  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

After installing which plugin Egg? Or do you mean the latest WD 5.0.1 update?

Did you uninstall before re installing or go the upgrade path?
    IP

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't proceed via the help/update menu.

Updated fine now
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Neil,

Has the ftp file path been updated with this new update?
    Egg

IP

How do you mean Egg? Are you referring to the saving of FTP site details on a per site basis?
    IP

For whatever it's worth I updated via the help menu method and the procedure went automagically without a hitch.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com
    IP

Sorry Steve, yes saving the ftp details on a per site (XWD file) basis. I've looked and I think it still keeps the same ftp details across every site until changed in the Publish properties tab.
    Egg

IP