Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Acadamy Logo

I am in a new acadamy at school and i was asked to try to put together a logo for them. They are a very liberal group. the acadamy focuses on video/sound editing and acting + creativity. I wanted to use the Learning cycle which is study plan act evaluate conserve that the acadamy follows. this is all i can think of but it doent look professional. are there any ideas on how to make it more professional (excecially the middle area)

please give me any comments even on colors cuz im not set on them either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comacadproject.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	3528  

I am in a new acadamy at school and i was asked to try to put together a logo for them. They are a very liberal group. the acadamy focuses on video/sound editing and acting + creativity. I wanted to use the Learning cycle which is study plan act evaluate conserve that the acadamy follows. this is all i can think of but it doent look professional. are there any ideas on how to make it more professional (excecially the middle area)

please give me any comments even on colors cuz im not set on them either.

Nicole:

I try to think simple and ask myself a few questions such as...

1.) What variations in size will be required of the logo?

2.) How will it look printed in Black and White?

3.) Will it be used on letterhead? And will it need to be printed on a business card?

4.) Does it need to be in some kind of standard font and will it be printed using printing process colors?

5.) Will it be printed on a shirt? Or embroidered on a hat?

These are only some of the most important questions I ask myself (as well as the client).

More importantly, we must realize that usually, simpler is better...

I suggest that instead of including the learning life cycle in the logo, that you make it into some kind of "tag line" that can be used independent of the logo, or with it.

I also suggest that you look at Gary's web site because he has some great examples of creative logo design for many different purposes. I have found that looking at and studying the logos that others design has helped me become a more creative logo designer.

For a look at Gary's Logos Go here:

Gary's Logo Site

Good luck! If you need any additional help or would like some design ideas, let me know. I'd be happy to give it a go.

I think you are off to a good start. And I also think that logo design is both challenging and fun - so keep at it until you are creating the professional results you want - yourself.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Randy Allen
    "Wherever you go, there you are."
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography

Nicole

This is an excellent start.

What I do whenever I create a logo is create as many different designs and ideas as I can. And then I try to create some more. Even really stupid ideas can sometimes lead to a more enlightened one.

From these I select maybe a dozen that seem to have some merit and work at developing these to some degree of finish that I can show my client.

Is there some kind of symbol that says all of what your logo says, but as a simple symbol?

To me, the best logos say without words, what the logo represents. I realize that is is not always possible but it is a good place to start.

So, crank out somee more designs and let us see what you come up with.

I know you can do it :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone