Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: graphic line

Default Re: graphic line

Hi Egg,

I remember reading many of your very insightful articles years ago. Glad to see you are also still around!

Code:
    #container {
        text-align: left;
        margin: auto;
      padding-left: 1.2em;
        width: 850px;
        /* background: url(images/containerBG.png) repeat-y;          */
      background: #00CCCC;
      min-height: 100%;
    }
    Here is the code taken directly from the web page using Web Developer. I thought I had checked this when Gary wrote about transparency.

Xara Xtreme Color Gallery shows #00cccc and as you can see above the CSS is showing #00CCCC. I'm lost.
    Regards,
    Bill A

Hello Bill,

The page background is indeed #00CCCC but the Animated Gif is using #00CACC. Using Xtreme's color picker when I get within a few pixels of the text in the banner the colour value changes. See attached image.

NOTE: If you right click the animation and "Save As" from the pop up menu, the background is #00cacc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flash-banner.gif 
Views:	170 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	57607  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Wow Soquili too!?!?!?

The whole triumvirate is still here and running the show. Thanks for that info. Obviously I don't know how to save the colo(u)r change in the color gallery, because I DID set it to #00CCCC but as you showed it is back to #00cacc.

Sorry to take up all this time with something so mundane for three great graphic artists but thanks anyway for the very prompt help.

BTW how did you get the tip to show the color parameters that are in your screenshot?
    Regards,
    Bill A

Bill the tip is part of the Xtreme color picker that is beside the color line at the bottom of the screen. It displays the colour as you sample. There is a slight delay when you move the eye dropper cursor but as soon as you pause the popup tip displays again.

EDIT: I just made a test and the color picker on the Color Editor also displays the colour value. Too bad that the Print Screen key doesn't capture the cursor along with the screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	color-picker.gif 
Views:	165 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	57609  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Bill/s,

I found an inconst .... a problem with the colour picker here. When using the eyedroper the colour editor gave #00cacc but the pop up gave #00cccc. It varied, depending on whether I was sampling the page via a screen grab in XXP or whether it was outside the XXP window. It became quite confusing.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

I noticed similar inconsistancies (?sp). The banner gif itself is 602 x 148 pixels. The antialiasing seems to vary in distance from the banner to the page. Sometimes I get #00cccc very close to the text and some times I get #00cacc.

Saving the banner to my hard drive was how I noticed the background is consistantly #00cacc.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes Bill. I've never encountered tis before. Very Strange.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host