Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some forums may be leaving us, but some are arriving too. Namely an annoucements, questions and suggestions forum -- and this forum, off-topic.

There's been no general chat area on Talk Graphics, so this forum is addressing that need. The benefits are two-fold: it's a place you can hang out, but it also helps keep the other forums on topic.

This forum is for anything that is, as the title says, off-topic. The Mars missions, your new house, what the weather's like, introducing yourself to other posters... whatever takes your fancy really!

The only requirement is that you take into account that people of various ages browse the forums. So as always, just keep things clean, and try to avoid getting into arguments! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

There won't be any more specific rules than those above really, so we'll just see how the forum goes and trust you to use it wisely.

Above all, enjoy!

--------
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif WAHOOOO!!! This is a great idea and should really help keep the other forums on topic...now others will have some place to discuss whatever is on their minds. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    I like the improvements AntonyF!
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This forum is for anything that is, as the title says, off-topic. The Mars missions, your new house, what the weather's like, introducing yourself to other posters... whatever takes your fancy really!

The only requirement is that you take into account that people of various ages browse the forums. So as always, just keep things clean, and try to avoid getting into arguments!

There won't be any more specific rules than those above really, so we'll just see how the forum goes and trust you to use it wisely.

Above all, enjoy!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds great Antony... I am sure that with the great bunch of people we have here at TG that this will be a very cool and relaxed place to share the OT... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    IP

Erm ... this is what I suggested last week about keeping other threads ontopic and everyone slated me and shot me down in flames about it and now that Anthony from Xara has mentioned it you´re all for it.

I guess popularity (or position counts) in large amounts - ho-hum!
    IP

Read the dates, James. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Gidgit's reply was almost a year ago...
    IP

With the below in mind, any thoughts on finding free graphic design software?
    IP

Welcome to Talkgraphics Tuyo. There are several posts here that discuss free graphic software. Just look through the posts or do a search. Nothing totally fantastic is free tho. The neatest thing was some Microsux graphic program, but everyone knows they couldn't draw a straight line.
    IP

Thanks.....any opinions on the job market for graphic artists? I mean the actual job hunt, like how competitive is it?
    IP

Alot of times it matters not as much how much you know as who you know. If you can, make friends with people at a company you'd like to work for, it may pan out for you in a job.

Jobs that are available are not always advertized in the paper. If you start doing freelancing, and work with certain print shops, they get to actualy see your work and how you could benefit them if one of their employees leave. Often free lance graphic artists are picked up by print shops familiar with their work.

Once you have experience like that under your belt, landing a job at a newspaper is easier, because you have more of the experience they are looking for then.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

hi tuyodavis,

I have to agree with Sally on this one. Most skilled (well paying) jobs go to people the company knows first, before they open it up to the public. Good graphic artists are always in demand. If you can do it quickly, then you are sure to find work.
    IP