Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default drwtsn32.exe problem with WS4 photo albums

Hello!

WS4 starts normal, all the menues work except photo albums. When I click it, I get a message with a drwtsn32.exe problem.
    What can I do? I already reinstalled, but the same message.

Please help! Thank you!
    Last edited by kowalski; 18 December 2008 at 07:17 AM.

Default Re: drwtsn32.exe problem with WS4 photo albums

drwtsn32.exe = Dr Watson

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308538
    Dr. Watson for WindowsXP is a program error debugger that gathers information about your computer when an error (or user-mode fault) occurs with a program. Technical support groups can use the information that Dr. Watson obtains and logs to diagnose a program error. When an error is detected, Dr. Watson creates a text file (Drwtsn32.log) that can be delivered to support personnel by the method they prefer. You also have the option of creating a crash dump file, which is a binary file that a programmer can load into a debugger.
    If you keep getting the error when you re install WS4, then there's a problem with your computer.
    Things to check:
    Update your Av (Ant-Virus) and As (anti spyware), disconnect from the internet and perform a full scan of your PC.
    Reconnect and download CCleaner
    Run Ccleaner to remove all uneccessary temp files on the system and all invalid registry entries (Issues).
    Reboot and try WS4 again. If necessary, re install WS4.
    If problems persist, run system file checker (run from the CMD prompt: sfc /scannow) You may need your Windows XP disc in the drive while system file checker runs.

If this doesn't solve the issue, then at least you will have a cleaner Windows installation

Default Re: drwtsn32.exe problem with WS4 photo albums

Thanks for your answer!

Reinstalling didn't help... but meanwhile I solved the problem an other way: I deleted the last made templates (where the problems probably started) and received no error message! *knock* *knock* knock*

So for everybody, who gets an error message from Xara or Windows: Delete your last entrys! That could help.
    Last edited by kowalski; 27 December 2008 at 05:14 PM.