Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have a question when I shut down my photoshop 7.0 and reloaded it the next day ... My option to view the brushes on the canvas disappeared... And now I cant preview it before I stamp it on the canvas how do I reset it so I can see what I stamp ( so it can be centered correctly )

mvp

:::EDIT:::
    PLEASE turn your CAPS off... it's too hard to read! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

[This message was edited by Mark (theKeeper) on January 23, 2003 at 04:25.]
    IP

Not sure exactly about the problem...

Are you saying that when you have the Brush Options window open you cannot see a realtime preview of what a specific brush looks like?

Or are you talking about seeing the outline of the brush while you're holding it over top of the canvas, ready to paint with it?
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark (theKeeper):
    Not sure exactly about the problem...

Are you saying that when you have the Brush Options window open you cannot see a realtime preview of what a specific brush looks like?

Or are you talking about seeing the outline of the brush while you're holding it over top of the canvas, ready to paint with it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the second thing you said " seeing the outline of the brush while you're holding it over top of the canvas...."

mvp
    IP

Ok well, generally this isn't thought of as an "option" persay. But there's 2 specific things to check for when this happens:

1) Go into your Preferences>Display & Cursors (EDIT menu) and check that the "Painting Cursors" setting for your brushes is set to be "Brush Size".

2) With the Airbrush chosen, open the Brush Palette. Click the tab at the top left named "Brush Tip Shape". Then look to the right for the setting "Brush Diameter". Make sure the size is large enough to be visible.
    Take note too that when a brush is way too large, it will not show a visible outline when held over the canvas. Either create a larger doc, or scale the brush size down.

Try those and see if either helps.
    IP