Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Simple site HOWTO

I'm not sure whether WS4 is that useful. I got Graphic Studio 4 and while Xara Xtreme 4 is good for when I need it, that is not my immediate need.

I just want to create a simple site but all the templates are far too complex.

Is there a simple template available at all?

You know - a table that has a text header, a left-hand nav bar, a top-left logo, a right-hand display that spans the top row as well. The body is text and images including a few links.

The menus in WS4 would have made it look very good which is why I shelled out. However I get much closer with either an ancient copy of DW4, free HTML-Kit or CoffeeCup which I am just trying.

I realise I need something HTML-ish as well and that WS4 is only useful on a page-by-page basis. I could edit the code myself but I would have thought that for all the hype, WS4 would do rather more than leave a whole load of JS in the file and not allow the creation of a simple site.

Except by importing menu bars, which is messy, I see no way of using WS4 to generate the few pages I need.

The words learn, walk, run and before spring to mind.

Have I wasted my money? It does seem to be rather old at 2004!

Default Re: Simple site HOWTO

Welcome to TG forums Loggy.

Xara Xtreme 4 introduced wysiwyg website creation when it was released in April 2008. It is the most likely focus of continued development attention for Xara/Magix.
    Many people have built very attractive and functional websites using Xara Xtreme alone, you can find examples here on the forums.

I'd also suggest you checkout the Xara Xone SPECIAL WYSIWYG WEBSITE EDITION Workbook 69 for an introduction to the HTML features of Xara Xtreme 4

With Xara Xtreme 4 - (imho) you haven't wasted a cent