Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I imported a 300 dpi 17.8M tif of a crane into Xara 10. A portion of the tail appears as a dark glob without feather details. I then open the tif in InfraView and the details were there.I then copied and pasted the InfraView image into Xara 10 and it appeared with the feather details.

I am running a P4 2.2 with 1024M RAM. My memory manager says I still have 666MB free so I don't think its a memory problem.

I cut out the area with the problem from the Xara import and the Infraview paste and converted the to 96dpi and attaching the result. Haven't done this before. Hope it works.

Anyone have any ideas?

John

[This message was edited by jjkohler on February 12, 2004 at 14:53.]

[This message was edited by jjkohler on February 12, 2004 at 15:00.]
    Attached Images Attached Images

I imported a 300 dpi 17.8M tif of a crane into Xara 10. A portion of the tail appears as a dark glob without feather details. I then open the tif in InfraView and the details were there.I then copied and pasted the InfraView image into Xara 10 and it appeared with the feather details.

I am running a P4 2.2 with 1024M RAM. My memory manager says I still have 666MB free so I don't think its a memory problem.

I cut out the area with the problem from the Xara import and the Infraview paste and converted the to 96dpi and attaching the result. Haven't done this before. Hope it works.

Anyone have any ideas?

John

[This message was edited by jjkohler on February 12, 2004 at 14:53.]

[This message was edited by jjkohler on February 12, 2004 at 15:00.]

Hi John,

I would think it's pretty much impossible for the clever people here (I'm not one of them... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif) to figure out what the problem could be, without the original file. Could you make it available for download from somewhere?

'A blind stab in the dark' - Does the original TIF file have a CMYK colour profile? Just thinking that perhaps this Viewer Program and Xara X interpret these types of files in different ways?

Anyways... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!