Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default wacom pen doesn't free draw

I have a problem using my pen with my Wacom Intuos 2 XD 9x12 tablet that I use with Painter software. I had been using Painter 7 then upgraded to Painter 9, which I didn't like, so I went back to Painter 7. I'm using OSX 10.4.9.

The problem: My Wacom pen will no longer work my tablet. I can use my mouse and draw with it, but not with my pen. When I try to use the pen to draw something, I'll see the brush shape on the screen, then when I touch the pen to the tablet, the cursor changes to an arrow but it won't draw anything. This only happens when drawing "freehand." If I set the brush control to "straight lines" I can draw with the pen just fine. I can draw freehand with a mouse, but not with the pen,

I've tried using the pen and tablet in both Photoshop and Painter 9 and I can draw freehand with the pen just fine, but not in Painter 7. I just installed a new tablet driver (ver. 6.1.0-5) but it didn't help. Any suggestions?
    IP

Smile Re: wacom pen doesn't free draw-fixed

Well, I solved my problem. The solution came with the help of a diligent Wacom rep. and the Corel website. It required uninstalling Painter 7, then installing a Corel patch, then reinstalling Painter 7. (The patch is available from Corel's web site, However, I found I couldn't download it using their Download Manager. I was able to download it at an ftp site they also have.) Thanks to all who looked at my question. Woods Woman
    IP

Default Re: wacom pen doesn't free draw

glad you got it sorted

don't know much about OSX myself unfortunately, so couldn't really help

nice to know Corel are not as bad as some would have us believe
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP