Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Toon Boom and Xtreme Pro integration

For anyone interested in doing 2D animation I'd like to recommend Toon Boom Studio. The reason I recommend it is because of it's practically seamless integration with XXP. For years now I have been doing my final art with XXP and I have had a desire to do some animation work. I originally tried out Moho (Anime Studio) which is quite nice and has some excellent features. However, the reason I like TBS is that I can take my art done in XXP, export it as a PDF, and it imports identically into TBS! For me, that is wonderful!

Every shape, line, fill, clipview, is imported as individual vector objects which can be animated! Lines with stroke shapes are automatically converted to shapes; linear, circular and elliptical fills are preserved (other fills don't import unfortunately); clipviews import clipped. The colors are identical to how they appeared in XXP.

TBS also lets you do multiple scenes in a single master file and exports easily into Flash, MOV, and AVI.

I realize that this is not an animation forum, but I did want to share this for anyone who is interested in 2D animation work. Especially if you are already an Xtreme user, you'll be happy with how well the two programs work together.

I'm beginning to post some stuff on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/Zebtoonz. Some is done with Moho and some with TBS. These are just my first samples and I am now going to be working at a higher frame size and rate for better quality output.

Default Re: Toon Boom and Xtreme Pro integration

I like the silly science cartoon Zeb. Well done - Works really well.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

hee hee--Zeb, your life and mine are exact duplicates except the missionary part. I read your blurb on your site. The mention of the waxer cracked me up--I keep mine as a keepsake; my wife doesn't understand! I'm doing a project for Cook right now, btw. I'm a writer more than a cartoonist now, but still keep my hand in. No more Series 7 here either.

Tom

Aww i love toon boom, i have used it for alot of my animations.