Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Activation problem

Hello.
    I have a small problem. When trying to activate Xara Xtreme 4, a message comes up saying " Connection to servers failed. Check your internet connection " or something similiar. I checked the internet : it's working fine. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks.

Default Re: Activation problem

It's probably being blocked by a firewall. What the next step is depends on your firewall, there must be a setting somewhere to allow xara access to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Know1 View Post
    It's probably being blocked by a firewall. What the next step is depends on your firewall, there must be a setting somewhere to allow xara access to the internet.
    Thanks, I checked the network settings and yes xara was blocked from accessing the internet. Problem solved

Hello,

I'm having the same problem!

I disabled my router firewall and McAfee fire wall with no difference so it can't be that.

I also activated all of my Adobe software and many others from that machine with no problems.

The computer that I installed Xara on is not directly connected to the internet. It accesses the net by way of an internet server. All of my computers access the net by being connected to 1 PC via a hard wired LAN, and that computer connects to the Net through a router.

Any Help is Appreciated!

Hi Marotti,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

A couple of things you can try:

1. Have your web browser open to any site when you try to activate Xara.

If that fails try

2. Add Xara.com to your list of trusted sites on the proxie PC and your local PC.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Talking Re: Activation problem

Brilliant... Thank You So Much!!

I did all of the normal firewall stuff, but opening a browser and pulling up a site did it !!

I opened both IE and Firefox.

I couldn't access the online help before, or the updates... I can with the Browsers open though...

Am I always going to have my Browser open to have Xara work online?

What is this phenomenon caused by?

Is there a fix in the works?

Thanks Again !!!

Hi Marotti,

The problem is caused by your proxie server and the security settings on your network. By opening a browser your network credentials are used to open the ports used for internet access and that allows Xtreme connect.

Xara follows network security protocols and does not hijack your credentials to establish a connection the way many other software houses write their code.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the reply, Again

I don't use a proxy server, just a simple peer to peer network. Is ther anything else I can do to fix this?

Thanks for all of your help!

Your 1 PC that connects to the internet is the proxy server. Internet connection sharing is the same, only phrased differently.

On my home network I do not use Internet Connection Sharing. I set the router IP as my gateway. Each computer can access the internet regardless of whether or not another machine is powered on or not.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Very Cool... Thanks for all of the help!