Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: New to Xara and getting frustrated: Need help figuring this out

Howdy, but I'm not the Steve Keith refered to. The other Steve is 'Handrawn (Steve James).

OK truncated bascially means 'cut short'. In regards to your post, it's appears as though there's missing parts. It makes no sense as it is.

Thanks for the suggestion. By the way, i knew i'd figure it out so here's the way to an editable bitmap tracer image.
    -------should something be here --------
    all of the before mentioned, then when selected; arrange/ungroup. You can then begin to delete points as individual or as groups. They seem to be in layers.

Default Re: New to Xara and getting frustrated: Need help figuring this out

the person that said you would have to hand draw 'period' was me

and I was the same person who suggested in post #2 that you needed the bitmap tracer

it was because you had dismissed the bitmap tracer out of hand at that stage, and because you said you needed it editable at that stage that the term 'period' was used

so it was not wrong - you just changed the goal posts

to get a line drawing like the 'adobe man' from a photograph and have it made up of editable lines only is much much easier and quicker and accurate hand tracing with the shape editor tool - but if you are content with lots of shapes and thousands of nodes [points] fair enough

pity you were not listening at post #2.........
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...