Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Music ?

Default Re: Which Music ?

At the moment Seasick Steve and Paolo Nutini which helps to while the hours at the computer but that is just last week. I find if I play music that I really have to concentrate on the my work rate goes down the CD whole in the middle.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan louette View Post
    Depends of which kind of work and at which stage I am. Sometimes I don't listen anything. But when comes a music I didn't listen for a long time I often can recall me what I was doing at the time I listened to it.

ivan
    Yup, totally agree

I listen to mostly classic hard rock leading to classic metal, as well most new hard rock radio play... listening to old sabbath as we type here

I listen to smooth jazz, but then that IS my work, or at least part of it.

No music, the TV is running on the left on a news station.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

News station?! Given the state of the world, that must really cheer you up every day, Dennis.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

classical music or jazz is best when I'm working - if I'm writing rather than drawing, then without vocals
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sometimes like the last two days I begin to work in the morning before thinking to eat or to do anything else. The ideas are there and I am stressed to bring them alive before anything. And only when I become hungry one or two hours later I think to put some music. But I couldn't say that I do better work these days.

kindly,
    ivan

Stiff Little Fingers, Flogging Molly, Social Distortion, Ramones. Usually listening to one of them amongst some others in the same class as those.

I bought Tomatito's Anthology double album without knowing he is the son of Tomate. The first track on the first disc ("Soy Fragüero") put me off and I suppose I dismissed it out of hand. Your mention of him Ivan, made me re-evaluate my opinion and now I know why you like him so much. The outstanding tracks for me are "Spain" (looks like I'll have to get the eponymous album), "Libertango", "Pa La Pimpi" and "Gallibando". Very impressed with his work with Michel Camilo on piano.
    Un buen saludo,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I bought Tomatito's Anthology double album without knowing he is the son of Tomate. The first track on the first disc ("Soy Fragüero") put me off and I suppose I dismissed it out of hand. Your mention of him Ivan, made me re-evaluate my opinion and now I know why you like him so much. The outstanding tracks for me are "Spain" (looks like I'll have to get the eponymous album), "Libertango", "Pa La Pimpi" and "Gallibando". Very impressed with his work with Michel Camilo on piano.
    Un buen saludo,
    Bob.
    Tomatito & Camilo "Spain" and "Spain Again" are on my list !

Two evenings ago I went with a woman friend at a concert at my Community's Cultural Center. Three magnificent musicians : the Tunisian Anouar Brahem played "oud" (oriental luth) accompanied by the Frenchs François Couturier, a virtuose piano with some accents of Keith Jarrett but otherwise a distinctive and refined personality, and Jean-Louis Matinier, fantastic jazz-tango accordion ! They played a wide repertory of Brahem compositions from traditional style to jazz, tango and spanish evocations with stunning moments of improvisation ! An Unique Moment !!!

On the other hand I remain impressed by so different things like :

- Dupain, from Marseille, Southern France who sing rap like songs in French and Occitan language accompanied by a very sophisticated music hanged to the flying sound of the hurdy-gurdy (or wheel fiddle). Flying Music !

- Chloé Sainte-Marie, from Québec Province in Canada, who sings and says poems with a fantastic intimist voice. Beautiful woman and very independent personality ;

- Nearly all songs of Michelle Shocked from Arkansas with her so warm guitar and voice which makes me cry and lost my soul (for me the GREATEST country singer and one of the greatest jazz singer of all times) ;

- Jorane's (Canada) fantastic cello in her compositions ; specially the album "16 mm"

- and our Belgian rock singer Arno with his excellent music, nice and human broken voice and so simple and emotional texts...

So many nice things to discover around the world !

kindly,
    ivan