Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Stroke shape question

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Hi

Your very lucky, two fine examples by good people. In J.A.'s case, you must convert a circle or square to an edible shape before using the shape editor tool. However, J.A. was pulling your leg, I guess that's why he's called the joke artist. Once you have broken the circle where you want it to begin / end, choose your stroke, give a nice line width.......then using the shape editor tool choose one of the nodes you can see (in case of the circle, there will be three), doesn't matter which one, then hit either the home or end key (on the keyboard that is) and then hit the enter button. This should close the circle and you will notice that it is full of colour.
    I didn't know you can join the shapes back up afterwards, once I break lines and add profiles I kinda like to convert them to shapes any way, so I can play around with then by moving nodes or adding contours to make new profiles / widths (wouldn't it be great if the default was 1 and not 4 - hint hint!!!!). If i'm going cartooning type stuff then I usually have the black outlines on a sort of new layer.

My name is Joke Artist because don't think I'm a proper one ... it's an asspersion on my own abilities but I do have a sense of humour but if I go out of my way to help someone I am actually trying to help someone ... not wind then up / send them up.

But yeah you need to convert the shape to an edittable shape as well - shift + control + S on my keyboard is a well worn short cut for me.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by srdjan View Post
    I want to be able to set line width per shape point. I don't want to change default units.
    I agree with this as well ... would make my art a lot easier ... that and user defined profiles. And also make rounded corners on any shape (like you can with inkscape and illustrator).

This is some that I'm working on at the moment - it's the very right panel which will be the final piece. It's Ray Kroc in the style of the KFC logo ... if you don't know who Ray Kroc is then I would do a Wikipedia search for him ...

... there you go ... there is my sense of humour coming to the fore again.

http://www.b3tards.com/u/10e06e336b5...80/roykroc.jpg

I didn't know you can join the

Default Re: Stroke shape question

"I am actually trying to help someone ... not wind then up / send them up."

.........Yeah, I know.......I was just pulling your leg there also

"My name is Joke Artist because don't think I'm a proper one"

.........Sorry, don't agree with you on that one, you've posted some really great works on this forum

"but I do have a sense of humour"

........That's why I like reading your threads. You usually have a lot of the forum members pulling their hair out by the roots, you always manage to get very controversial threads but I usually can see a sense of humour lurking under a rock one place or another..........frank

p.s. keeping on the thread for a minute, another little hint. If you fill your shape (try with a circle) with a colour or fill before you break it, when you break the shape the colour or fill is gone.
    But, when you join the shape up again, the colour or fill comes back just as you created it. Haven't take this much further than this at this stage, but later may try to see what happens with transparency and any other things I may try.....