Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: borders

Default borders

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and new to Xara3D. I am looking for more borders than what came withthe initial software load. Does anyone know where I can find more? Or can I make them in Xara3D itself? If so, is there a tutorial out there?

Default Re: borders

Welcome to TalkGraphics Balron,
    If you get XaraXtreme or, perhaps use Webster if you have that, you could easily make your own boarders and use them in X3D, but I'm not familiar with Webster. As for making boarders in X3D, I don’t know, I haven't done that in a while. Since getting Xtreme, I have been so fascinated that I rarely use 3D now. Kind of depends on what I want to do. Anyway now that I am retired I only do things for my own amusement.
    If you want to make things in 3D and or make them spin then X3D is your program of choice. But if you want to create original art then by all means Xara Xtreme. In my opinion I think you need both.
    There is much that can be done in X3D but still Xtreme is fun and easy to use.
    I know I started out with Xara ScreenMaker, then bought X3D4 then 5 and was totally fascinated for a long time, then I went to Xara Xtreme and have loved that program ever since. I only have the standard version since I didn’t think I needed pro, but now I wish I had pro but only for a couple of it’s additional features. Either way I’m happy.
    Larry

Default Re: borders

Hi Balron
    Maybe you know this already but a border is a vector shape. It can be any vector shape even text. If you got to;
    [Design Options]
    Click on [Border] from the left drop down menu.
    Click on [Design Picker]
    In the [Design] folder you will find many other vector shapes which you can use as Borders.
    As Larry said, it is very easy to make your own borders in Xtreme etc. to use in X3D.

Soquili's shield collection is available on the Xara Xone http://www.xaraxone.com/html/templates.html
    These can also be used as borders.
    Last edited by salaam; 21 October 2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: shields
    True love is the ultimate truth