Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Truespace 7.6

Default Truespace 7.6

Hi!
    I'm a new user to Truespace 7.6.
    I only know a bit how to use Truespace.
    I wanted to know if somebody can please give me some very good videos to get me started in Truespace 7.6. Some good introductory videos to help me get started in Truespace and learn how to model easily.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Amitai Rosenberg

Default Re: Truespace 7.6

Amitai,

We're a pretty eclectic group of people here that know a lot of interesting stuff, but, if you want to know something about a specific application it is probably best to start with the applications associated website. To point, there is a vast library of courses (Fundamental, Master & Older) and tutorials for TruSpace on Caligari's website here:

Caligari TruSpace Training

I hope this is enough to get you started,
    HayTay

Wow... after reading that this member wished to learn to model within trueSpace, I thought hmmm... better give that a try before I go any further...

Well... interface is everything else after having the right tools for the job...

Try as I might, I just cannot seem to wrap my head around the interface of this app to get any modeling done with anywhere close to the speed I can within a whole host of other well known apps... in fact the clutter is way overwhelming, and the overall modeling interface is not even close to intuitive IMHO...

For modeling, TrueSpace to me, feels like trying to handcarve with a clunky chunky chainsaw

As Xara and/or Inkscape are for vector, Wings 3D and/or Silo are for SubD modeling... Well thought out toolsets for the job... Silo Pro version comes at a very small price for what you get...

I tried Truespace 3 a long time ago, Like Gidgit, I didn't like the interface, My guess is that it hasn't improved.

Silo Pro version comes at a very small price for what you get...
    I agree.

Truespace 3 and 4 were easier for me to use than version 7.6 due to added clutter in the newer version.

Using Wings3D to model and export to .obj was my preferred method when I used version 3/4 of Truespace.

Learning to use Truespace is a challenge but like any application once you are familiar with the interface it isn't so bad.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update