Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

sorry if this is off-topic, but i'd like all the info i can get on the various aspects of selling a graphic website. i just started researching this, and it seems like the most important factors
    are your unique hits and the "stickyness" of your site. That's all i know at this point.
    Questions i have;
    Do only business sites sell, or do free sites sell, as well?
    How do you determine the worth of your site?
    i've been told there are brokers who will sell your site for you, and there are companies that buy websites. I would like to know the validity of this and/or more info and links.
    i'm interested in "website selling" and not "domain name selling" thanks, mojo

sorry if this is off-topic, but i'd like all the info i can get on the various aspects of selling a graphic website. i just started researching this, and it seems like the most important factors
    are your unique hits and the "stickyness" of your site. That's all i know at this point.
    Questions i have;
    Do only business sites sell, or do free sites sell, as well?
    How do you determine the worth of your site?
    i've been told there are brokers who will sell your site for you, and there are companies that buy websites. I would like to know the validity of this and/or more info and links.
    i'm interested in "website selling" and not "domain name selling" thanks, mojo

Hey Mojo, yes there are brokers with whom you can list your site for sale...

That said, I would suggest that if one was to create a site for sale it would have to be catchy and contain content that would demand a large enough target market to make the whole sale worth while...for say gaining enough unique visits per day to attract advertizing revenue...

This sort of approach was more prevelent a few years back when there were not as many domains as there are present day, and the whole web thing was still peaking...then the proverbial bubble burst...the .com explosion waned and now adays it is all you can do to generate some contracts to design for small business...

I find myself suggesting that creating sites for sale is a pretty hard sell [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

but...then again, I have been known to be wrong at least once or twice...hahaha...soooo...go for it and keep us posted in how you make out... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]