Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: path issue

Default path issue

Hi

just got to move an old site to a new domain

ie www.xyz.com to 123.com

I've changed all the paths I can find but it still reverts to the old path.

Am I better to start from scratch or is there several files to alter I've done menu_.js

thanks

Ian
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 04 October 2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: disable parsing

Default Re: path issue

Although I am unfamiliar with Webstyle, I would have though all resource locations should be relative to the root of your domain (whatever it is - it should not matter).
    In other words, even if you move the site to a new host your index.htm (for example) should never be written in regular page source as www.123.com/index.htm, only as index.htm

In any case, even if you have used the full URL for your anchor refs (server paths are generally only needed when installing some scripts etc) in your source then you can load the HTM into a text editor and use the 'search and replace' function.

Wink Re: path issue

Hi

thanks for that, I've already done a search and replace, still have the problem.

As I did the site some years ago think I'll start from scratch and use css

cheers

Ian

Default Re: path issue

Have you had your domain name re delegated to the new host name servers??
    If not then www.123.com will ALWAYS go to the old host no matter what your source says.

Just a thought

Wink Re: path issue

Hi

I've cracked it, having a senior moment. When I created the site I used real paths hence when I selected a link when on my local test server it routed me to the live server which I had not updated.

silly me

cheers

Ian