Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Help, more advanced users needed!

Just try the basics first - Then when you get that done we'll address Xara 3D6.

Instead of using PSP use the copy of Xara Webster that came with Xara 3D6. Open the VCL graphic. Now draw round the helmet graphic using the shape editor tool to draw straight lines from point to point. If you move the cursor next to an already drawn line segment, it will turn into an arrow. You can then click and drag the line segment into a curve. Once you close the shape it will go black. Left click on the crosshatched area on the colour bar to make it transparent. This will make it a lot easier to adjust the line segments to match the outline of the helmet. Once you have the shape complete, left click on a colour on the colour line to reapply a coloured fill. You now have your basic shape to cut and paste into 3D6.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 23 September 2008 at 03:09 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Webster? i don't have that???

It should have come with the Xara 3D6 CD as standard. Was it not with it?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

So it has to look something like this?

About 35 minutes work, and I made some mistakes on the way
    because it has been a while again since I did this, and am a "dumb"
    contructionworker, I am sure you can figure this out, if only to save face now
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ankhor; 23 September 2008 at 05:57 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Nice job ankhor. Is that using ss-kalm's method with Xara 3D v6? I didn't know you could put bitmaps into that program. (if that's what you did).
    Now webmaster at Design Reviews
    Design Tzar at Ebbs Studio

Right, ive sort of got this...
    However, no matter how good i seem to make the trace in Xtreme, as soon as i put the texture onto it, it doesn't fit???? there are big white patches, as you see (i have hopefully attached it..
    Also now how do i put this onto my original logo background to create the look like ankhor has???
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by VCL View Post
    Right, ive sort of got this...
    However, no matter how good i seem to make the trace in Xtreme, as soon as i put the texture onto it, it doesn't fit???? there are big white patches, as you see (i have hopefully attached it..
    Also now how do i put this onto my original logo background to create the look like ankhor has???
    Well, I used the shape you used to import in x3d also to intersect the face with helmet and made the surrounding area the same blue with blue square in the background.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	viking tut.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	52342  

Quote Originally Posted by fredbassett View Post
    Nice job ankhor. Is that using ss-kalm's method with Xara 3D v6? I didn't know you could put bitmaps into that program. (if that's what you did).
    Well you can use texture also in background, so the helmet/face is text and I made the background the other part like you see in the mini-tut.
    Resized the head in x3d and placed it in the right spot with the [ALT] key pressed, resized the background a couple of times to fit it just right in the background (in xtreme the resizing) also gave it a smal white border so the tiling wouldn`t be visible.

will it bother that im working with Jpeg images rather than bitmap?

and im still having major problems making the texture of the text(head image in this case) fit the head correctly, im getting big white areas or mis fit of picture??? how can i correct this???

Cool Re: Help, more advanced users needed!

Quote Originally Posted by fredbassett View Post
    u are really good.eh?i acknowledge that you guys are capable