Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Wink Using Royalty Free Images

I am designing invitations for my upcoming business. Can I use RF images from iStock or any other site on my invitations that I plan to sell? If not, does anyone know where I could find RF images that I could use on my invitations? Your help is much appreciated!

Default Re: Using RF Images

What is RF?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Using RF Images

Royalty Free

Default Re: Using Royalty Free Images

Thanks. I edited your thread title to make it clearer.

Christie,

Regardless of any opinions that you get here, I think that you may get a much more definitive answer to the question if you ask iStock.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

If you are selling the images on, you'll probably need to purchase an extended RF licence.

Can you be a bit more specific about what you want to do with them?

Hey Jimi. I am designing birth announcements and invitations and want to use decorative images/illustrations from iStock or any image bank to help jazz up the design. Does that help?

Sorry that's still a little ambiguous. iStock's license terms are here:

http://www.istockphoto.com/license.php

I'm guessing that you are designing invitations etc. in the form of blank layouts which you will then customise for individuals and then print out quantities of a particular design as ordered. If so I imagine that technically you should buy the image(s) each time you get a sale. However if you were to buy an image and print say 2000 letterheads or cards which you then overprinted with specific details in say batches of perhaps 50 or 100 as you received orders then you'd quite clearly only have to buy the image once.

Speaking as a microstock contributor, I'd be happy if you bought my image once and be done with it, Particularly if I got a print resolution sale out of it, rather than a one credit web size one. I suspect most others would be happy with that too.