Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: EPS Error

Default EPS Error

Hey everyone,

First off, Xara is amazing. I never though I would be able to do graphics like this!

I'm having some trouble with exporting to a vector format. I have a logo that will be printed on a banner so the printer needs it in vector. When I export to EPS (I made sure there's no transparent effects, etc), all I get when I open the EPS is a white page.

I've got Eye Candy chrome applied to my letters so I'm not sure if that can be exported to vector.

Does anybody have any suggestions for me regarding the white page and the chrome letters?

Thanks!

Karen

Default Re: EPS Error

Welcome to TG
    Live effects in Xtreme are all bitmap effects unfortunately and get lost when exporting to EPS. If you need pure vector drawing you have to avoid these

Default Re: EPS Error

Quote Originally Posted by karenn1 View Post

I've got Eye Candy chrome applied to my letters so I'm not sure if that can be exported to vector.
    Welcome to TG Karen,

Suvek is quite correct about live effects, but also important to distinguish that third party photoshop type plugins such as Eye Candy effects are always rasterised effects not vector. I believe XaraXtreme was the first vector illustration software to enable use of photoshop plugins.
    So yes, your chrome effect will not export as vector unless you choose to hand illustrate a chrome effect using vector shapes.

There are some examples in the Clipart Gallery in 'Letters 1' collection.