Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Xara 3D and Photoshop Extended

I don't see what the problem is, I made the text (dingbat) into 3D with Xara 3D, then exported it as a .png file with transparency. I then imported it into Xara Xtreme (but it could just as easily been Photoshop or Paintshop Pro) and added a background underneath it.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Designs.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	51702  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

does your machine have integrated nvidia graphics Bob?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I thought it did, but that was my old pc, the new one in the Dell is an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT. My Bad (whatever that means).
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

one of those terrible 'texting-esque' based truncations methinks

I guess since xara appear to be integrating x3D and xtreme this problem, whatever the cause be, may remain for the duration.....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well, if it is a graphics card related problem, then there's nothing to be lost by downloading a month's free trial of Xara Xtreme 4 and using the 3D tool to see if that works ok.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

i just got the xtreme pro.. and it's not as easy as x3d but i guess this will work.. ill look for some simple extrude tutorials..

thanks a million for your time talkgraphics guys!

OT:this sucks now comp is full of fonts, which terribly slows the boot time.. it's too much to remove those fonts since i dont know what got installed..

Suppose that you take your x3d. file and take a screenshot (with grab-it or similar). Convert the screenshot to a transparent gif. and import that into photoshop.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Suppose that you take your x3d. file and take a screenshot (with grab-it or similar). Convert the screenshot to a transparent gif. and import that into photoshop.
    lesser quality?

is there a way to bring an .x3d file into xtreme pro? you cannot even import x3d file into xtreme?
    xtreme pro doesnt have those 3d styles and design like on x3d6..

the font gallery [shift+F9] in xtreme will tell you which fonts are installed
    Nothing lasts forever...

Not what has just been installed though.

Having said that nearly all graphic programs install fonts (unless specifically told not too), but not enough fonts to significantly slow down boot times on modern systems.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.