Hi All, I'm new to this forum, let me introduce myself, I am a 2D animator who mostly uses Flash, After Effects and Photoshop.

Ive decided to use Painter in my next animation to give it a textural look, however I am at beginner level, so a lot of painter confuses me, so heres my dilemma

I am importing a movie into painter, I want to marquee (magic wand) select a shape, color it in using painters brushes, move onto the next frame and color the same shape in again (only this time altering the brush to give a different look), and so on and so on.

a few months ago I was shown a process involving scripting that meant the user could marquee select a shape in one frame, then move onto the next frame and the same shape would still marquee selected, meaning I could go thru the entire movie without having to reselect the same shape every time for every frame

Painters current default settings mean I can use the marquee tool to select a shape on one frame, but once I move onto the next frame the shape is no longer marquee selected

So does anyone have any suggestions of how i would be able to do this? help would be greatly appreciated, thank you