Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: seven shape challenge

Some very imaginative work here already. In answer to your question Steve, I'd have to say that however you interpret the instructions, if you have used six shapes, and then need to use 2 shapes in order to create the seventh, then you have by definition used eight shapes. I might as well rename the thread as the 14 shape challenge to accommodate this, which then of course would lead to the use of 28 shapes to make the 14, and where would it all end, I ask myself. Also to reinforce this point, having these 2 shapes and then using the Subtract Shapes Tool, then you are also using more tools than are allowed. As it is possible to have the icon for subtracting shapes on a toolbar, as I have, then I cannot see that it is anything other than a tool, albeit hidden in the Arrange menu. As has been demonstrated here, seven shapes are plenty to make great stuff.
    You must take this as being written with tongue very much in cheek. After all, rules are meant to be broken, aren't they. If Gordon Brown can break his own monetary rules, then I suppose we can too!
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toolbar.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	50908  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.