Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pallet Opens with New Docs

Hi Guys,

I have a frustrating problem, hoping someone can help.

I would like to know how to set a specific colour pallet to open when I launch X3. I have created a custom CMYK pallet which my work mates and I use daily. There are 5 of us, for 2 of the 5 I have saved this colour pallet as default without a hitch, opens everytime. I opened the custom pallet into blank doc then Tools menu - "Save Settings as Defult" taadaaahhh!

The other 3 must open this pallet the long way every time - Windows - Colour Pallets - Open Colour Pallet - Browse. When I apply the same procedure to the other PC's - nothing. I have spent a lot of time comparing and playing with the system files on the effected and uneffected computers but still clueless.

I would appeciate any ideas or solutions

Thanks
    IP

Smile Re: Pallet Opens with New Docs

Hi there. I've come across this problem before.

Set the required default palette and make sure it is visible.

Now go into Tools>Options

Select Documents & check all the boxes in the "Save options for new documents"

Now quit and restart Corel and your selected default should be there.

Hope this helps.

Stu.
    IP

Default Re: Pallet Opens with New Docs

Now go into Tools>Options
    Just make sure you are using english version (kidding arround)
    IP

Smile Re: Pallet Opens with New Docs

Thanks for the replies, I have good news and bad news...

Bad news first, neither options worked exactly at least at first anyway and yes, I did actually check the language options

Good news, with some help from IT, I increased my privilages to administrator on this PC, deleted a folder called Graphics13 from C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data\Corel. Restarted Corel, upon restart Corel sees that the Graphics13 folder is missing and recreates another with fresh defaults. I then followed Stu's instructions and set my custom pallet as default, now opens everytime with this pallet

Thanks again for your help
    IP