Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool Adobe Comparison For Xtreme Newbie

Hi,

I have been looking at tutorials extensively but I have not seen a clear explanation on how to do this practice.

Here's the situation. You have a photograph. In one corner is a distorted area but in another part of the photograph is an area that if copied to a new layer you could cover up the distortion. I am having trouble with this concept. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Default Re: Adobe Comparison For Xtreme Newbie

Hello and welcome to the forums. You can do that in Xtreme, but the steps are most likely not the same as what you would use in Photoshop. Is that what you are comparing to ?
    You could make a shape and fill it with the part of the photo that is not distorted and then put it over the distorted area that you want to cover.
    don't know if that helps any. there are probably many ways to fix this.
    There are many tutorials and workbooks at Gary's site
    http://www.xaraxone.com

Maybe you could show us the photo to see what you are trying to do ?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Red face Re: Adobe Comparison For Xtreme Newbie

Yes I am comparing to Photoshop. I guess the problem is I do not know how to fill a shape with part of a photo, I always seem to get a fill when I create a shape. I will check out the site you mentioned as well. Thanks

Open your photograph in Xara and clone the photograph (edit>clone) This places a copy directly on top of the original.
    Draw around the area you wish to use as your patch and close the shape you have drawn to cover the area. Select your drawn patch and the photograph and go to Arrange>Combine Shapes>intersect shapes. This will leave you with the area of the photograph which you can move to a new position to cover what you need to cover. Making it a little bigger than required will let you feather the edges to blend it into the image below.
    In the example attached I've drawn around the fire extinguisher and cloned it several times etc.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	50013  

You could check out my video about 'healing' in Xara which is accessible from the link in my signature below. You can navigate to YT and the videos are there. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jH7OfCcgtIU

Talking Re: Adobe Comparison For Xtreme Newbie

This looks like what I was looking for, I tried that before but your instruction seems a bit clearer. Thanks very much.