Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tiling

Question tiling

Hi I am a newbe and i am looking for some help in the correct way to do tiling. Is anyone familiar with taking an image doing this.I am working on a project and need help.
    IP

Default Re: tiling

Hi, one thing you can do is take the image that you want to make as a tile go to the menu-image-image size- then re-size that image to the size of the tiles. Now press Ctrl+A to select all then go to the menu-edit-define pattern give your tile a name.
    Now when you want to use your tile you select the bucket tool from the tool bar and select for fill pattern and just click on a layer on a new image that you want tiled.
    One point of caution duplicate your tiled image so you are not working with the original.
    IP

Smile Re: tiling

In selecting the image size does the tiling automatically divide the image into the divisable equal tiles? Does the tiles receive a grid number or is that somethiing i must assign? My project is a 15ft diameter of the earth. I am using 16x16 in. black granite tiles. there are sections that will be just black. I am trying to understand the correct steps to divide the image up .I will tr yourr steps. I have a site where you can see what i do. will be in touch and let you know how its going.
    IP

I now think you do not want a repeating pattern but your image divided up in tile size sections. If that is the case easy to do just go down the menu Edit-preferences-guides grids and slices- then menu view-show grid. That will overlay a grid on your image it is then up to you to set the scale in the preferences.
    Hope this helps.
    IP

Ok I think this looks like the correct direction. will keep you posted. It seems the more we need to learn, the less we Know. Thanks again.
    IP

Thought i would give you an up date.WE found by enlarging the computers virtual memory,we can use the different programs to create the large canvas.we are working in image ready.we are slicing the art work into 4 parts. the next step is to make 4 new images to the finished size without disturbing the first sliced images.I did a test tonite and it seemed to work. we are also going to add 4 more gig of memory as this computer allows a max of 8 gig,which will give us the 8 gigs.We will do the test on monday.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by stainedglass m View Post
    I did a test tonite and it seemed to work. we are also going to add 4 more gig of memory as this computer allows a max of 8 gig,which will give us the 8 gigs.We will do the test on monday.
    Beware if you are running a 32bit Microsoft OS you will not be able to make use of 8gb

More here on the 3gb limit
    IP

I called the co. that sold us the hp. WE have to add them in pairs and the must be the same matching parts. we had a pr of 2gigs and a pair of 1 gigs. the position in the physical slots commanded which pair it would recognize.Either or .we ordered a matching pair of 2's and will have them by friday hopefully. thanks for the input.We are slicing the artwork up. you have to be patient while it is doing this. we are making a slice grid and using the crop tool to make this work. we have 4 folders with each quadron and sub folders with the smaller sections that will be used in the final project. Will post a photo when completed.
    IP

I'mm still not sure that you will be able to use 8GB. What operating system are you running?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Physical memory is an operating system limit, not a hardware one. In other words it doesn't matter what the HP salemen tell you about how many pairs will fit, or what the mainboard manufacturer says the board will support, it's all down to the OS you are running which, if is an 32bit OS means you will wasting you money on 8GB
    IP