Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 15 May Xara Xone Tutorial

Hi Gary

How are you able to have a MouseOver action and a click action on the same button. As far as I can see for the former you have to have a [LayerName] in the web address, and for the latter a URL or a ##n.

But Xara doesn't let me have both. If I already have one, then I only have the option to Change the URL rather than add a new one. So how do you have two?

Regards

Lee

Removed -------- Ignore me, I'm thinking with my fingers not my brain.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 22 May 2008 at 02:27 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

How are you able to have a MouseOver action and a click action on the same button.
    That's the whole point of the tutorial.

Technically you cannot have a mouse over effect and a pop up triggered by the same button.

The trick is the mouse over on the home page is an illusion and is really part of the pop up layer. It acts just like a mouse over effect but it's a pop up.

Gary

Gary,

I believe to see the new email window with a specified subject line, your tag should looks like:

mailto:asdad@sfdsdf.com?subject="sdfsdf"

(you didn't put quotation marks)

Also, in the generated HTML code there is not in bold part -- mailto:asdad@sfdsdf.com?subject="sdfsdf"

As for two new email windows, in the HTML code is an error:

<div onclick="jm('mailto: yourname@company.com')" style="left: 103px; top: 360px; width: 121px; height: 41px; position: absolute; cursor: pointer; " onmousemove="mo(this,1,'mailto: yourname@company.com')">

So the 'mailto:' for 'onmousemove' is not neccessary I guess.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

I read with great interest, Alex's remarks about the HTML code error concerning the double email windows:

<div onclick="jm('mailto: yourname@company.com')" style="left: 103px; top: 360px; width: 121px; height: 41px; position: absolute; cursor: pointer; " onmousemove="mo(this,1,'mailto: yourname@company.com')">

I edited the source code in IE6 and deleted this underlined portion of the code: " onmousemove="mo(this,1,'mailto: yourname@company.com')">.

It did result in only one copy of the email, however, it seemed to mess up my button highlight. Instead of changing to my selected highlight, it appeared to flicker somewhat. It almost seemed to need the cusor right on the text of the button to stay highlighted. When I reverted back to the original code generated by Xara, the highlight was perfect. (without deleting the underlined section above).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Bob

Bob,

That behavior when removing "mailto:" section is predictable and normal -- this is important part of syntax of coding, some URL should be there.

I didn't dig deeper in this particular case, but can suggest you to try to insert the URL for onmousemove for this page (for example, insert 'index.htm' instead of "mailto:" -- just for example). To be logical, 'mailto' should work only when mouse button is pressed (onclick), in all other cases it should be linked to the same webpage (onmousemove) just to have a rollover effect.

Alex
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Thank you again for your response. I am totally new to this 'web/HTML' stuff and I am not sure I understand your answer, but I will try to experiment with your suggestions. Thanks again for your time.

Bob

EDIT: I must not be getting the syntax correct. I removed the "mailto" section as before and inserted the URL for that page but then I do not get any 'highlighting' at all. In fact, the cursor does not turn into the 'hand' cursor, but it will launch my email program with only one instance of it instead of the previous two windows.
    Last edited by BobMoyer; 25 May 2008 at 04:28 PM.

Hello, I am doing the tutorial to make a website (I think you have 2) titled

SPECIAL WYSIWYG WEBSITE EDITION

I have having a problem at the beginning believe it or not, on the 2nd page just after cloning then and doing the combine-subtract step.I can create this type of capsule other ways but this technique has me stumped
    I keep getting the top part of capsule filled with black,I never end up with whole one.I have repeated the steps over and over with the same result, with and without an outline and am pulling my hair out I assume I am doing something wrong but thought maybe the wording is deceiving me?? Hopefully you can help me out...Here is the text
    http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_2.htm
    Hold down the Shift key (to select multiple objects) and click on the two clones to select both.

From the Arrange menu, select Combine Shapes > Subtract Shapes or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl 2. The bottom clone goes away quietly and without a fuss and takes away from the other clone, the area that was directly below it.

Apply a 20% Black fill to the top subtracted shape. Select the full capsule shape and then select the Fill Tool (F5). From the drop down list of Fill Types on the Infobar, select Elliptical . Click in the center control point square (where the two arrows come together) and click the down arrow key on your keyboard a few times to move the center of the fill downwards as illustrated above.

Click on the same center control point box and change the fill color to 50% Black. Click on either outside square and change the fill color to Black. To change a selected fill color, left click on the color on the screen palette or you can edit a specific color in the Color Editor (Ctrl e).

Select the Transparency Tool (F6). Click on the top of the light gray shape and drag downwards to about the center of the capsule shape to apply a Linear transparency. This adds a reflected highlight to the capsule shape.
    Thankyou
    Last edited by robinoz; 26 May 2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: added link to page

I really don't mean to beat this "double email" problem I am having to death, but on the XaraXone tutorial, on the last page of the May 2008 article where it says to 'click here' to see the actual site....

On the HOME page if you click on "Contact Us" you will get double email windows. If you go to any of the other pages (about us/services/fees) and click on the "Contact Us" button on that page, you will only get one email window. This error must be something simple....but I am beyond simple and need help. Please.

Thanks,
    Bob