Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D spinny logo

Default Re: 3D spinny logo

I basically followed the tutorial from iamtheblues to generate the circular text in Xara Xtreme. Then I saved it as the default file type for Xara Xtreme (can't remember the extension off the top of my head).
    I typed out the W3 in Xara3D, then hit return to start a new line, then imported the file with the circular text. As a vector file, the text retains it's formatting.

I got it all lined up how I wanted it, and when I opened the animation menu, I simply highlighted the W3 and selected one rotation direction, and then selected the circular text and selected the animation axis I wanted for that, allowing each set of text to rotate on different axes.

A word of warning, I found that the circular text seemed to be off-centre, and was getting closer and further from the W3 as it span, but I couldn't get the W3 any more central for love nor money. I disabled off the typing curser and that seemed to fix it.
    Dunno why, guess having the curser open moves it's center of rotation or something.

Default Re: 3D spinny logo

Dunno why, guess having the curser open moves it's center of rotation or something.
    Yes because the cursor becomes part of the text line.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host