Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Do Plugins work with pro4

I have both the Xara version of Xenoflex and Eye Candy 4000 and after installing tonight, BOTH of them worked even though I did not install them in the standard plug-in directory. I did add this non-standard directory to the plug-in settings of the options panel.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog_no1 View Post
    Hey guys can any one help me i got the cd version of pro4 and i went to install the Alienskins plugins and comes up with a message you need Extreme installed on this computer ?
    I'm not sure what you mean.
    Unless you have a completely different XaraXtremePro 4 CD to me, aside from setup.exe, there's no other stand-alone installers on the CD except except Xara trials or PanoStudio.
    The AlienSkin4000 /Xenofex 2 plugins are automatically installed when you install Xtreme4 to:
    C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 4\Xara Picture Editor\PSplug-ins\AlienSkin\Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000
    (along with AV Bros / Medhi and Redfield)

They are unpacked and installed during the main XXPro4 setup routine (setup.exe 62.4MB) and do not even appear as a selectable option under 'Program Components' (user defined installation) - so I have no idea what you could be referring to when you say 'i went to install the Alienskins plugins'?

IOW: AS400/XF2 should be automatically added to your available plugins within Xtreme without any other action necessary from you.

My suggestion would be to unistall XtremePro4 entirely, reboot, disable any AV and registry monitors then do a complete full re installation of XtremePro4.

Check out the knowledgebase article referenced here http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=32899 See post #7
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 13 May 2008 at 12:38 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Check out the knowledgebase article referenced here http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=32899 See post #7

Thanks everyone for you quick responses !!That link worked great! Easy to follow and they are in stalled and working great once again i thank you!!

Simon