Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default button & nav bar help..

hey all.. im a newbie.. just started using xara xtreme and found it really useful..
    well this may be a stupid question for all you experts, but i'm stuck with this..
    So my worry is when i use the button & navbar tool and select the "Mouse off" & "Mouse over" states.. , and when i get back to the main infobar, the drop down list shows "All States".. when i try to select Mouse Over, nothing happens.. it's still at "All States"..
    Check out this screenshot.. it'll express what im trying to say better..
    So I'd like to know how to select the state to Mouse Over and work on it, rather than it showing 'All States'.

Thanks for your assistance in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	283 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	34015  

Default Re: button & nav bar help..

Welcome xtremeone. The navbar is probably the hardest tool to work out in Xtreme. It sounds to me that you haven't got a MouseOver state. You can check in the Layers gallery. If you haven't, hit the Create/Delete state button and continue from there.

If you still have problems get back and possibly post your xar file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.1.gif 
Views:	274 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	34016  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

hey thanks for your timely help Egg Bramhill..
    I'll do as you asked me to do!

Cheers!

I must be even worse newbe. Using X4 and cannot find the button / navbar tool.

Ctrl+F8
    Or add the button by opening Windows>>Control Bars>> Button Palette then alt+Drag the Navbar icon to your toolbar. Name:  navbar.png
Views: 183
Size:  719 Bytes

With the new ability to create rollover buttons in Xtreme 4 (see the current HTML Workbook) you might be better off leaving the Button and Navbar Tool hidden.

Even once you have created your button and back bar, getting it into a website authoring program has never been easy or intuitive.

Xtreme can create three state buttons, normal, mouse over and mouse down. The button and nav bar tool can create a 4th state, highlighted which shows the current page, but this is easy enough to fake in Xtreme.

And Xtreme can create the buttons and place the content too and export a complete website ready for uploading to a web host.