Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is the 3D in Xtreme Pro 4 the same as Xara 3D

Hi,

Does Xara 3D have any functionality that isn't in Xtreme Pro 4? I have both, but wonder now if it's worth installing Xara 3D

Thanks
    Patrick

Default Re: Is the 3D in Xtreme Pro 4 the same as Xara 3D

Hi,

I wondered the same thing but all it seems to be missing is the easy animation (spinning, etc) from the 3D package...

Did you find some other differences?

Certainly the animation, but you also have the options for button, board, board with holes and borders in Xara 3D. Also, it's has some other flexibility for accurate positioning of elements that Xtreme doesn't have. If you own 3D I would definitely suggest that you still install it.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi, here are a few more differences:

X3D can express multiple colours along it's extrude, unlike X4.
    X3D can produce 'wire' versions of it's images unlike X4.
    X3D can understand 2 or more independent objects in relation to each other ie. multiple objects are not ignorant of each others position etc., unlike X4 which simply puts each object on a separate 'sub layer' (behind or in front).

X4 Is not limited as to it's exported image size, unlike X3D.
    X4 extruded images work better within the X4 environment than exported or pasted X3D objects.
    X4 can treat the outline of any bitmap as it does a vector shape unlike X3D which understands vectors only.

All in all X4 3D capabilities are very different to X3D.
    True love is the ultimate truth

All that was said above is true.

but does anybody know if X3D is now "dead"?

I don't understand, why Xara did not incorporate *all* of X3D's functions into XXP4. It could not be that hard, could it ?

Would somebody from Xara please enlighten us about the future of X3D and possibly even it's further implementation into XXP4 ??

Wolfgang

Future capabilites, plans from charles and crew are hard to come by. I strongly doubt they will rise to grab the bait on this hook. An open forum is not the best place to discuss your business plan. There are other people watching besides the lurkers...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    I don't understand, why Xara did not incorporate *all* of X3D's functions into XXP4. It could not be that hard, could it ?
    I imagine it is because it is not all compatible with a 2D drawing application. I am amazed at how well integrated the 3D features are. When I read about it as a new feature, I thought it would probably be edited in a separate window, using DirectX or OpenGL, and then placed onto the page. For it to be so well integrated must have been a challenge and its been done very well.

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    For it to be so well integrated must have been a challenge and its been done very well.
    Exactly!
    The integration is very well done.
    And that is why I am wondering why they left out the animation plus some other functions.

I can rotate everything by mouse, why not do "real" animation?

On the other hand, just leaving out the animation will hardly be a reason for anyone to buy X3D separately, don't you think?

Wolfgang

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    I imagine it is because it is not all compatible with a 2D drawing application. I am amazed at how well integrated the 3D features are. ../ /.. For it to be so well integrated must have been a challenge and its been done very well.
    I think it's a nice enhancement but does rather suggest that there is more to come later on. I've always felt that X3D was an application looking for a purpose. Having used Corel Draw in the past I am always nervous when applications try to be too many things at once - the photo enhancements on X4 are verging on that area (especially the panorama features - where did that come from?) and I wouldn't want it to become another bloated app. Saying that, perhaps the 3D animation features would sit naturally with the animation features.

Quote Originally Posted by salaam View Post
    X3D can produce 'wire' versions of it's images unlike X4...
    Wow! ... have been using 3D for a while and I did not know it could do that!

is there a thread or tutorial that shows this?

THX