Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ipod touch clone

Hi!
    I'm thinking of buying an Ipod Touch clone, because the original is just too expensive. I wanted to know if someone can give me some good advice
    on which Ipod Touch clone I should get, where on the internet I can find it- etc...
    Please reply!
    Thanks!

Default Please reply.

Please reply.

Default Re: Ipod touch clone

Welcome to TG amitairos

OK I'll reply.
    Tried Google search?

There's one thing about buying something because you can't afford something else. You are certain to be dissappointed. In this case 'clone' isn't really accurate. If it's not an Apple it's going to be nothing like an Apple.

This isn't an endorsment of Apple, but if you really want an ipod touch, save up for it and wait a little longer.

Paul

I agree with Paul.

My sons wanted iPods - they bought generic MP3 players, and within 6 months ended up going out and buying iPods as well.

If you want an iTouch save up a little longer and buy the iTouch.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

There is life outside of the Ipod. The "in" thing does not make it better. I am not gonna buy a Ipod just because everybody is falling for Apples hype or is buying one just to keep up with the Joneses (not sure thats spelled right). I myself want nothing to do with Apple's Itunes or Ipod and own a Sony video Mp3 player. Didn't save any money doing so just chose not to go with a Ipod. Did some research and the Sony had very good reviews. I am happy with my choice the sound is excellent and the video is also. If you like Ipods I am not knocking you but just stating it not the only choice out there.

I don't have an ipod, but my daughter has one (an ipod classic). My son has a creative zen. Many of my sons friends have had ipods, often with reliability issues.

While the zen and ipod are functionally equivalent, I just find the design of the ipod a pleasure to look at. It came in an amazing box that opens in two halves that fit very snuggly together and almost hug the ipod. I won't even throw the box away.

If I had the money I'd buy an iphone, even though it has a number of problems for a cameraphone, just because I love the design of the phone so much. My son has bought an LG Viewty, which is probably the closest to an iPhone that you can get (superior in some ways), but isn't quite there.

In terms of function an ipod does what any other MP3 player does, but in design terms (in my opinion) it beats the opposition flat - all at a price premium.

So the real question is "What value do you put on design"?

I think that as consumers we buy lots of stuff just becuse it looks good - furniture, cars, jewellry, etc and an ipod is just part of that.

There's a reason why apple is so cool - their products look good and work well. Like a lot of 'cool' stuff they aren't cheap.

Just to clarify .....

I wasn't stating that the iPods are the best, just that that was what my sons wanted, and they weren't happy with the cheaper items Not because they were bad, but just because they weren't the iPods.

If you have your heart set on something, it's hard to accept an alternative.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

This is all rather academic seeing as the OP amitairos, who was initially a little impatient for an answer, hasn't logged in since to read everyones responses.

Having worked in retail for a number of years one thing is for certain from my POV, aside from Creative Zens and iRiver - other copy-cat portable MP3 player brands I've seen, commonly fail well within the first 12 months.
    The old sayings, "Buy cheap - buy twice" or "If you're going to buy cheap - you'll pay for it" are truisms I've seem proven time and time again.
    Big brand names have a history and reputation to maintain, else they would not be in the position they are. Yes occassionaly even some of their products may fail - nothing is perfect, but buying the very best you can afford, even if you have to wait a little longer, is always good sense.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 23 April 2008 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post

I wasn't stating that the iPods are the best
    Sorry,My original post was not ment to be aimed at you. It was a general statement just stating my view. That as long as you stay with a quality name brand there are alternatives to the Ipods and you don't have to follow the crowd. If you like IPods buy one. Nothing wrong with that. Of course if you buy a no name piece of .... you get what you pay for