I downloaded regclean one time and let it do a scan on my 2000pro machine. It told me I had 1400 problems, so I called my tech and he came and checked it out. He had a good laugh when he saw it and did a through clean of about a dozen things not 1400.
Before I would let regclean fix everything I did read the reports on it and didn't let it do anymore. Since then I've removed it from my computer.
I've done no updates on any of my software including Office 2000 and Office 2003.
I had been working with MM1 for a year without any problems and the runtime error hit me first on my 2000pro (my business sites sits on this computer) so I checked it on the XP machine and had the same problem, I then went to my good ole 6 year old HP with 98 and MM1 just keeps on working in it.
It seems strange that all of a sudden a lot of people are having this problem and all having different and doing different things with their computers.
I read in other places on the net that more people are searching for the same answers we are.

tuller