Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Flysolo, very nice ideas. How about removing the big flower and leave only the small orange one?

Roman
    IP

Thought I'd try this again. A little more
    complex, with the idea that "pictures" are
    floating around, being changed.

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3xpe.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	19760  
    IP

I was thinking about Paul's comments about the over use of XP and had to agree. I then thought about just putting a "The" infront of Piture Editor...and of course had to play with the idea.

Mickie

Name:	xpe5.gif 
Views:	305 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	4204  
    IP

I like that idea Mickie, gives the impression of this is the one to have, as we all know it will be.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365
    IP

The last revisit. This compo has already taken too much of my never-been-very-high-concentration ;-)

Designs are based upon 2 ideas. 1st -how about x-tending the caligraphic X type for P and E... 2nd. how about finding some distinctive photo manipulating icon from the application and putting it into the logo.

Logo 3 is just different color scheme.
    IP

Everyone, I am amazed and impressed by the response.

We're getting nearer making a decision, but before we do I thought I'd give a bit more feedback.

Obviously I'm really impressed by the quality and quantity of submissions. Great thread and some great designs. However I have some feedback that might help people refine some of the logos.

What I didn't tell you, is that the X symbol from Xara X logo (the swishy one) is going to be dropped and wont be used in future. I've noticed a few people have used this X symbol in their designs. It is probably not appropriate for us to use this style of 'X' when Xara X will no longer use it. This is a pity since some of the logos that use this are great, such as those from Dmagician and Kman on page 3, and Ross' on page 5.

On the other hand the X from the Xara logo (with the long stroke) is perfectly OK to use as it's part of the Xara logo rather than anything specific to Xara X. Or alternatively a more generic X or completely different style such as the XPE style from Russ-USSR Valery on page 5

I mentioned at the start that if name 'Xara' is going to be prominent, or a large part of the logo, that it would have to be in the Xara logo style. I've noticed a few entries that do use a large 'Xara' that are not in the correct style. We'll have to rule these out unless they are re-done in the right style and font. Again this is pity because some of them are great, such as those from Miress on page 4 and Sheff's on page 5. These would definitely be in the running if the Xara part was in the right font.

On the subject of the name 'Xara Picture Editor' is the official name and it's too late to change it now. I do like some of the alternative names such as Xara Image Editor which would be XIE, but as I say we're too committed and have too much material using the Picture Editor name to change now. We will still consider ones that say Xara Photo Editor, because that's quite an easy change for us to correct later.

Anyway, thank you all for being so creative and productive and we hope to make a decision within the next week.
    IP

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

These represent more thought and less effort...

Eric

Name:	xpe4.png 
Views:	527 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	15497  
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.
    IP

Another idea...

Alepacca

Name:	Logo_Xara2.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	17750  
    Alessandro (Alepacca)
    IP

New example.
    Best regards, Yury.

Name:	logo3.gif 
Views:	486 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	19988  
    IP

Well thanks for the Kadoos Charles on the name idea!!

Oh Sheff, where art thou?? Change fonts and resubmit please!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP