Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi again,
    I did as gidget suggested in my previous question about Frames. Hi ssuggestion worked great - thanks, gidget!

But now I've got another problem. I'm still playing with the Edge Frames. When I try to apply one to my picture (first picture below), there's white showing through between the frame and the picture (second picture). I've tried expanding the canvas, but thatdoesn't seem to help. So NOW what am I doing wrong ??
    Thanks,
    Stella

http://members.roadfly.com/sgornicki/PeterMax_BW-2.jpg

http://members.roadfly.com/sgornicki/PeterMax_BW-3.jpg
    IP

Sorry, the image wasn't attached to my post (BTW, how does you use the "Image" option on this board??)

Anyway, here's the offending image with the white space on the left :
    IP

...And my server done me bad, so here we go again :

Sorry, the image wasn't attached to my post (BTW, how does you use the "Image" option on this board??)

Anyway, here's the offending image with the white space on the left :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PeterMax_BW-3.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	10028  
    IP

OK I see what's happening -- the edge frame you've selected imposes some extra space outside the confines of the image itself, to get that raggedy look around the edges. If you click your Shadow tab, you'll see that it's adding white canvas around the image to compensate for that extra space. You can click in that color box and change the canvas expansion color if you want to do it that way.

Another way to get around this problem is to copy your image into the clipboard and paste it as an object into a canvas about 25 or 30 pixels larger all the way around. Center the picture object in the base image, then apply the edge frame. That way the edge will only be applied to the object, not the whole canvas. Then you can select the base image to fill with a desired color or background texture, or just save the object with a transparent background.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 7 Class Information
    IP

Thanks for your input, Stephanie. As it turns out, your solutions didn't do the trick, as my problem seems to go even further back in my processing (and I guess my description wasn't very clear...). I had borrowed a Peter Max image from the "Joan" tutorial site. The white that I was complaining about actually was part of the image as imported. So the Frame option was apparently doing what it was supposed to - but it "saw" the white space that I was unconsciously ignoring.

On the other hand, your suggestions are great, and I'll be sure to try them on other problems as they arise.

Thanks,

Stella
    IP