Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I remember a post about Blender's mouse clicking for selection controversy... People used to LMB for selection didn't like or couldn't get use to Blender RMB for selection.
    Well the 2.34 version takes care of that and let the user choose his/her's preference.

Pulling down on the top menu bar, you can access the setting panel. Adjust Blender to your liking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blender-menu.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	10047  
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

Thanks for posting this info Dan...

Now maybe you would like do do a tut on importing a model ( which must first be made in Wings3D) into Blender, and how to color/texture in Blender, and how to render such...

I mean I have tried time and again, and have had little success... I even tried the beta release of this latest Blender, and when I imported Wings3d I got python errors, and when I imported the same models via obj files, I only got some of the model's pieces, but yea, the whole chess set did not come in...

has this been fixed with this final release?

thanks

That sounds like a good idea.
    I tested the import option last night.
    Found a 3ds model of a tie interceptor, use the import option of Wings and saved it as a wing file. I've imported that file wiht Blender and it was fabulous (had only 5 or 6 edges that I had to delete because they were making extra faces that wasn't needed).

I'll give it a try but since I'm not to good with Wings, it will be a simple model. Maybe you would want to collaborate on the Wings3D part ?

Dan

Sounds like a capital idea Dan...

I just got finished on another small project, and am going to take a break, however I will whip something up later on today, and post the file here...

See you in a bit

Just when I was getting used to RMB, now they give me the option to the left mouseclick. No wonder they call this Blender. It's what it does to your brain....
    Gidgit, you should try the latest version. The Wings import is very good. One thing you have to watch out for is double vertex and internal faces. Also, the normals get flipped sometimes. All the relatively easy to handle. Click the W key to Remove doubles and it would automatically delete overlapping vertices. Ctrl+N to reorient your normals. The internal faces are the ones I find troublesome. Maybe it's because I'm not too good with Wings, too. There are several extrude options in Wings and I suspect that some of them keeps the original face, resulting in internal faces. I'm also not sure if other functions also introduces them. But they are easy to spot because when you subsurf your mesh in Blender, sections with internal faces looks odd, even after correcting the normals or unclicking the double face option. Anyway, I find myself going back and forth between Blender and Wings now. Wings really gets your imagination going beacause of the ease and logic of the tools. Blender gives me the tools for fine tuning the models.
    Here's a little something I started randomly in Wings and threw over to Blender.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spacestation.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	12763  

Hey, that looks very cool Grafixman... Way to model man

I am re downloading Blender as soon as I am finished here, just to see if there is a change from the beta version...

Dan, I am sorry I have not yet got to modeling anything... we had company, the adults played cards while the kids just plain had a ton of fun together... tonight more of the same, but I will get to this for sure...

Hye don't worry about it... Same here. My wife started her vacation so it means less time for computer time. Her list 'to do' around the house just exponetially increased...

Dan

lol... that's about what happens with me as well

I got Blender up and running, and.... no offence but... I will totaly stick with my other host of app options for rendering and the like... I guess I am just not a Blender friendly sort of person... but hey, don't let that stop any of you Blenderheads...

carry on