Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Hands up, all you muso's..

I'll have photos of my lot tomorrow.

guitar player here, have 4 of the beautys and 2 amps.

i'm a mediaocre player but its fun.

plus great for unwinding after a crappy day at the office

A quick funny story for fellow guitarists. Wondering if it's ever happened to anyone else?
    While playing for an audience of about 1500 people, I was in the middle of a solo, one of my best... I was "really" into it emotionally....
    I was looking out into the stage-lights / audience on one particular note (the average "look at me" face) eyes wide open... and suddenly "POP" my second string snapped and recoiled...... RIGHT INTO MY LEFT EYE
    Yes, that's right... right into my eyeball.
    Did I maintain the courageous "the show must go on" attitude of a professional musician??? Heck no!!! I dropped to the ground and kibbied on the floor like I was being electrocuted
    I sat backstage for about 5 minutes waiting to see what would happen, and my eye was all puffed out... our manager drove me to the hospital where I underwent several eye washings, and a 5 hour ordeal as they wanted to "keep an eye" on me hoping I did not require surgery
    All ended well, no surgery needed but, man o man..... the agonizing pain and embarrassment of it all
    It took me a long time to live that one down and everyone always says they wish they had a video camera at the time it happened.....

It's a widely held belief within the music industry that all drummers are stupid. (a bit like goalkeepers in football). This one drummer got so fed up with this image that he decided to learn guitar.

He goes into a shop and says "I want to buy a guitar".

The assistant says to him "You're a drummer aren't you?"

The drummer says "How do you know that?"

The assistant says "This is a Butchers."
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I have my gear still on show - but, rarely used now.
    ....maybe one day (or was that getting back to woodturning I promised myself )
    ah, it's all good... a little of this, a little of that...

There's just something about the reckless nature of things when you find the groove... same same with graphics, or sports, or gardening for that matter... just so many cool things to experience... now to get a mac...
    Last edited by gidgit; 26 February 2008 at 10:58 AM.

A drummer goes into a graphics place one day and asks if he is in the right place to get some posters and cd covers done up... the man behind the easel reples... "this is actually a graphics school, but sure, come on in ...

Story has it that the drummer has become a very good graphic artist, and that the art teacher has a set of bongo drums over in the corner of his art studio...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    How many TG members did spend some years playing or still play any musical instrument/s?
    Still playing mate:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mandogroup.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	961.1 KB 
ID:	46159  
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Intbel.... rock on brother