Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default location of menu bar

using menu maker 2.0 and Dreamweaver 4. No matter where I try to place the menu bar on my page it will always appear on top left corner of the monitor. ?. Otherwise the menu works out nicely but the location of the menu is annoying cause I would like to see it between two images in the centre of the page...

thanking in advance for any advice

Default Re: location of menu bar

Hello Veke,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Would you post a link to an example html file that shows the problem?

The behaviour you are describing is more related to the html and/or css code than images for a menu created by MenuMaker.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

thanks Soquili,

I made an example for you to study. Just added the menu with links to google.

http://www.veke.net/extrat

I have placed the menu in Dreamweaver just above the pics to the middle of the page. But the browser throws it to the left top corner. Well, I can place the menu into any cell on the page but it always pops up in the top corner. There is, obviously, something in the code in the html or the Menu Maker that ignores my strict orders .

Really appreciate if you can tell how to place the menu in any place I want and it stays there forever.

Hello Veke,

The menu maker program you are using is not Xara MenuMaker. Xara's program is at version 1.1 currently.

The program you are using creates a complex javascript script which appears to be in your table where you want the menu to reside. Unfortunately the script does not place the menu in that location.

I would recommend you contact the company that wrote the application you are using for assistance.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

thank you, Bill. I think I will leave that application. I thought it was Xara. Perhaps some other software if I find one.