Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Image Creation Animation (2 Vectors?)

As I understand it, the result of each import is seen as a single object, even if it consists of several separate vectors. So in XaraXtreme I can select three separate, independent shapes by dragging a selection box across all of them, or holding shift while clicking on them. I can then type Ctrl-C to copy them to the clipboard in one operation, and then paste them into Xara3D with Ctrl-V, again a single operation.

There they will be treated as a single object, ie, they must all have the same extrusion, bevel, colour etc, and cannot be selected individually. If I wanted to select each object independently in Xara3D, then I would have to import each of them one at a time.

However, specifically in the case of colour, shapes needn't be independent. Colour can also be applied by applying a colour texture, instead of via the colour dialogue. I once imported two discs side by side as a single object and gave them different colours by applying a simple texture that consisted of a red square to the left, and a yellow square to the right.

I hope that last bit wasn't too confusing

Generally, your options multiply if you can build your image with multiple independent shapes, because that gives you flexibility to experiment with other ideas.

Mike

Edit: Oops, I see Drifter replied ahead of me, with the same explanation.
    Last edited by simsmj; 12 February 2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Timing!

Jinz, you now have the TWO MASTERS of Xara3D in this thread: Mike and Keith. These guys know this program beyond the realms of any other human being. Learn from them!
    -=Bob=-

Bob, you are definitely confusing me with someone else .........

Jinz, ignore me, listen to Mike. Although I'm not sure Mike contradicted me, just added more options. Mike or Anas are the experts.

I wasn't actually taking textures into account just purely thinking of the colour options menu.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 14 February 2008 at 06:24 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Unhappy Re: Image Creation Animation (2 Vectors?)

IM STUCK

Your guys I really, really need help could someone preferabily Drifter (becasue he made this image) send me the .xar file for this or the .x3d file and also how do you cut out letters e.g B it has two hole in the middle how do you cut them out.Also I inserted the images one by one in Xara 3d but the size came out wrong. So please,please, please,please, please,please, please,please could someone send me some screenshots on anything of what I just said. Please sned me some stuff on how to do all of this. Especially for the image!
    Whats up Gangsters!!!

as far as the B goes - look in the xtreme help section movies - there is one called subtracting shapes

basically you need to draw round the hole that you wish to make - select both the 'B' shape and the hole 'shape' and press control+2

this is a very basic operation in xtreme - one of many - it is very worthwhile looking through all the movies there is a lot of very useful info - it then makes using the written help easier too.
    Last edited by handrawn; 13 February 2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Talking Re: Image Creation Animation (2 Vectors?)

Thnaks, but I still don't understand and I can't find a "subtracting shapes" video.
    Whats up Gangsters!!!

Jinz,

In Xara Xtreme, Go to Help - Movies - Changing Objects and there is a section called Subtracting Objects.

I suggest that you get a comfy chair, a bowl of popcorn, and watch all the movies. There is a wealth of easily understandable information in them.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

How do you insert these shapes into xara3d separately, so that are the same size as the orginal image should be and also the right colour.

original image

http://www.districtifbla.org/pictures/Fall2006/logo.png

My rubbish attempt

http://img3.uploadhouse.com/fileuplo...67197676dd.gif
    Whats up Gangsters!!!

thanks keith - subtracting objects in the right title
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Could someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee post a xar and x3d files of an image creation of his or similar to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whats up Gangsters!!!