Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Extrerme 1.0 vs 3.2

but you do need two hands free - not always the best option for some of us - the more I can do 'just with the mouse' the better

on that subject - why no button for convert line to shape - unless I've missed it completely - couldn't see one in the buttons palette - not on the arrange bar..?
    Last edited by handrawn; 18 January 2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: correct bar not menu
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    ...Learning to shift-click doesn't take long and ends up just as quick as the old right-clicking.
    Shift + click will never be as fast as just 'click.' They should have made it so the popup came up with the 'shift + click' option, and kept the old way for those who truly value speed.

quite apart from anything else - to use the keyboard quickly I have to glance at it - as my shortsighted peripheral vision a bit blurry - same with all keystrokes....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, Gary! Not only for the trick I also read here to get my right-click line-color back, but even more for that superb color.xar you uploaded. With a few tweaks (I don't use USLetter or Inches, being from the old continent) I now have a real palette at my disposal.

Mmmm.

Thanks for the replies. It’s good to know there are people out there in cyber space who are so helpful. I’m an old retired fart enjoying my computer time. I’m sure I’ll be back with further questions.

I think we may have strayed a bit from the original question

It would be fair to say I think that, whilst there are not many new tools, a lot of enhancements have been made, which make the program easier/faster to use.
    That said not all of the changes suit everyone - which is the way of the world
    Nothing lasts forever...