Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Import multipage PDF into Xara Xtreme 3.2

If you drop the PDF file from a file explorer onto the Xara application title bar at the top instead of onto the document, it imports as its own xar file and you don't get the merge/insert dialogue.
    Not a lot of people know that ..... me for one. Cheers Xhris.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

This methodology actually applies to importing things in other software as well, i.e. is likely industry standard (or becoming it).

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    ...i.e. is likely industry standard (or becoming it).
    Possibly, though it appears to me more likely a hidden a developers feature rather than an industry standard import mechanism. It's too odd a method to be considered mainstream file management, at least in the MS Windows world.

Apple methology is a little different though, as you can drag'n'drop open documents from the title bar between open applications.

Back to MS Windows, using the drag-to-title bar doesn't work quite the same with CorelDraw. A multipage PDF is opened 'stacked' rather than in multiple pages. However Opening a MultiPage PDF does open each page in it's own tab and with the default doc type as .cdr (not the opened PDF). So again, different apps, different methology - no standards.

At the end of the day, there are still an awful lot of PC users who are for the most part totally unfamiliar with drag'n'drop operations in any form. They often go from A to Z in order to arrive at B. And boy, do their eyes light up when I show them how to attach a photo to their email simply by dragging and dropping!