Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Since the installation of Menu Maker 1.1, I get to error messages when ever I open FP 2003. They seem to indicate that the Menu Maker is not compatable to this version of FrontPage. However, once I click "okay" for both error messages, FrontPage works perfectly and the Xara Menu Items are in the menu.

How can I get rid of these stop these error messages from popping up each time.

Thanks

hi JCO,

I do not use FP so my answer will really not help you much...

[deleted by antonyf]

Gawd... am I mean or what... I just told you to delete your hard drive.... The sad part is... there are some people out there that would follow those directions... I need another beer.

You being one of the top people in this forum and to give advice like that. Not to good.

I couldn't resist, even tho I put a couple disclaimers after it and before it. I could always have suggested they pull down there pants and slide on the ice too...

PS.. You mean there is somebody else out there reading this forum besides me and the FP users...

Obvioulsy I made a mistake thinking that this Forum could help me.

hi JCO,

Occasionally, I just go off the deep end and have to pull a one liner. It is the only way I know to cope with the stress in my life. My opoligies, if I just happened to pull the one liner on your question.

On your FP question... I am just stabbing in the dark at this point (do not use FP) Have you tried reinstalling MM. Maybe all the hooks between the progams didn't get plugged in just right.

Make sure you do NOT have MM or FP running when you reinstall MM ontop of itself. Again, this is olny a guess at this point. Maybe someone who actually uses FP will offer some more meaningfull assistance. I am just trying.

A more serious response...

There seems to be a minor problem with the uninstall process with MenuMaker. I've found that to get the FP Addins to work, you'll need to do a regedit (START - RUN - and type in regedit). Be extremely careful when using REGEDIT, it can cause other programs to stop functioning. Also, if you have installed the additional templates, make sure you save these to another directory - they can be found in (C:\Program Files\Xara\Menu Maker\WSTemplates). Your project files are found here as well, so make sure these are safe as well.
    Once regedit is open, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/XARA and delete the Xara entry.
    Once deleted, reinstall MenuMaker. It 'should' insert the proper FP items in the INSERT tab.
    Then copy the files from C:\Program Files\Xara\Menu Maker\WSTemplates - this will restore your projects and templates.
    I hope this helps those who are having problems. I have alerted the moderators about those who find it amusing to post idiotic responses about menumaker and FrontPage. Maybe we can take control of this forum and make it more useful...

"Maybe we can take control of this forum and make it more useful..." - JJRO

I wish you would... Got tired of seeing nothing here except whining about FP/MM... At least 9 out of 10 posts are the same subject... Almost as bad as AOL me too's...

Thanks JJRO for your post.
    Your right, when you uninstall Menu Maker it does not remove the hooks in FP. Therefore, FP still has the Links.

I found another soulution. The great makers of Menu Maker gave me link to go too. After uninstaling Menu Maker, I click on the link and downloaded a small exe file that fixed the FP AddIn problem. Now Menu Maker works and FP works with out the Error Messages. I don't really used MM while in FP anyway. I create my menus outside of FP.

I'm very familiar with Regedit but I did not need it.

Thanks again for your post.